Manage and coordinate the assigned school's health services program based on requirements established by school division policies, procedures, and protocols, and by local, state, and national regulations and statues; maintain and operate the school health office.
- Ensure compliance with procedures and protocols.
- Provide nursing care and physical screenings to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
- Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, managements, and referral activities for students.
- Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is needed.
- Establish and update health and immunization records.
- Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports.
- Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician.
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
- Develop Individual Health Care Plans/Medical Intervention Plans for students on a case-by-case basis.
- Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies as needed.